Monday, February 7, 2011

Cultivating Gratitude #8


Today I am thankful for fun family traditions. Yesterday was our annual Super Bowl Sunday tradition. My parents started this years ago--here's what we do:

~ We get together with extended family.
~ We eat Sunday dinner out of large bowls instead of on plates (not soup; usually a roast, mashed potatoes, salad, etc.)
~ We eat guess before the game starts what will be the combined scores of the teams playing at the end of the game. The winner gets a prize from Mimi and Papa (Yesterday Kitty won!).
~ We have a good time laughing at commercials.
~ We (or maybe I should say I) pretty much ignore the game except to add up the scores here and there.

So, what was once a tradition of my family growing up, it is now a tradition involving my children. And I love that I can see the family fun passed on to a new generation. I look forward to seeing if this, and other family traditions, will be passed on to even more generations yet to come.

Scripture of the Day: 1 Corinthians 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!