(I am wishing fall weather would arrive!)
1. Yesterday I had the missionaries over for dinner. I knew my DH would not get home in time, so I set a table up on our front proch and we dined al fresco. Too bad it didn't *feel* al fresco; it was 100 degrees outside. I felt bad for torturing the elders like that, but figured they would prefer a home cooked meal in hot weather than none at all.
2. Today I received a performance review from the department chair and it was very positive!! I was so excited to get such positive feedback because I am working my tush off doing all the prep work for these classes.
3. Patch had a b-day bishop's interview last night. Before he went, DH told him to use "Aunt Carol's strategy" for church interviews and just say "no" to every question. Upon hearing this I looked at him like he was crazy and asked, "What if they ask him if he's saying his prayers?" The DH had to agree I had a point. Maybe this is why Aunt Carol is no longer active in the church?
4. Current WIP word count is 10,444. And Lindsay H. deserves a big shout out for editing and feedback she provided on the first 8,000 words. She did an awesome job.
5. I am so looking forward to General Conference this weekend. I am planning on doing the talk summaries, but might keep them a bit briefer than I did last April. Is that okay with y'all?
6. I am currently reading The Help and am so impressed with Stockett's ability to write character voices as distinctly as she does. She is inspiring to me!
Scripture of the Day: 1 Nephi 17:45