Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cultivating Gratitude #10

I have been working hard on my manuscript of FHE lessons taken from the lives of latter-day prophets. Their experiences are so uplifting and inspiring. I am so grateful today for the many things I am learning from this work. In fact, there is so much I am learning that it is impossible to include it all in the manuscript. I am having to pick and choose the best, which is often so hard to do.

Here is one story of George Albert Smith I am unable to include, but would love to have in the manuscript:


President George Albert Smith gave this promise to Church members that we may all remember in times of trouble:
“There are two influences in the world. The one is the influence of our Heavenly Father and the other is the influence of Satan. We can take our choice which territory we want to live in, that of our Heavenly Father or that of Satan.
“I have many times repeated what my grandfather said. He, too, talked from this stand, and it was he who gave me his name. In advising his family he said, ‘There is a line of demarcation, well defined. On one side of the line is the Lord’s territory. On the other side of the line is the devil’s territory.’ And he said, ‘If you will stay on the Lord’s side of the line, you are perfectly safe, because the adversary of all righteousness can not cross that line.’
“What does that mean? It means to me that those who are living righteous lives, keeping all of the commandments of our Heavenly Father are perfectly safe, but not those who trifle with his advice and counsel” (George Albert Smith, in Conference Report, Oct. 1949, pp. 5–6).

Scripture of the Day: Matt. 16:25

1 comment:

  1. That is a great quote--and a good reminder to stay far away from any gray areas!! I wish all my kids (and myself) would always believe and live by that rule. Then perhaps I wouldn't be up at 4 in the morning worrying about them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!