Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Whitney Award Winners

Late last week the winners for the Whitney Awards were announced. I always like to see which books won because I can count on these books being good, clean reads. And, as it is time to start putting together my summer reading list, the Whitney Award winners help point me in the right direction.

Best General: Band of Sisters - I have already read and reviewed this book, which was excellent and well deserving (read my review here). Congratulations to Annette Lyon!




Best Historical: Trespass - I have not yet read this book by Sandra Grey, but will likely add this to my summer list.




Best Mystery/Suspense: Cold as Ice - Have not yet read this either; looks scary.



Best Romance: Cross My Heart - Cute book! You can read my review here.




Best Speculative: The Way of Kings - Haven't read this, but might give it a try. It looks like something my son would enjoy. This book also tied with another book (Mr. Monster) for novel of the year.


Best Youth - General: The Healing Spell - May have to check this out on behalf of my kids.


Best Youth - Speculative: Matched - This book is at the top of my summer to-read list. It was a NYTimes best seller and is on my book club list to read as well.



Best by a New Author: Paranormalacy - Looks so good!

Novel of the Year: Tie between The Way of the Kings (see above) and Mr. Monster - The cover on this book does not attract me . . .  but I am considering it as a summer read.

Congrats to all the winners! I hope this list provides my readers with some great ideas for what to stock their Kindle or Nook with before heading out on vacation.

Scripture of the Day: Eccl. 3:1

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to all the winners! (And thanks for the shout-out!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!