Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cowboy Caviar


Tonight I am headed to a baby shower for a good friend and am taking this yummy dish: cowboy caviar. I love munching on this stuff; other than the tortilla chips you eat it with, it is really tasty. You can find numerous recipes for this online, but this is how I make it:

Ingredients

1 15 oz can of pinto beans, rinsed
1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1.5 C. frozen corn
1 C. finely diced bell pepper
1/2 C. diced green or red onion
1 stalk of celery, finely diced
1 ripe avacado, diced
Cilantro to taste
juice of 1 lime
Italian dressing to taste (about 1 cup)

Other optional ingredients other recipes use: black-eyed peas, northern beans, olives, jalepenos.

All you do is mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two to let the flavors marry. Serve with tortilla chips or as part of a salad on a bed of lettuce. I am so looking forward to this baby shower!!

Scripture of the Day: Ephesians 5:25

5 comments:

  1. I have made this a couple of times for showers and it's always a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dish is simply beautiful. I love that it takes avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish you could bring it to the shower I am having at my house on Tuesday night!! I love this stuff. I guess I will have to make it myself. Thanks for the recipe. I have never had pinto beans in it before. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very yummy, will have to add it to my list of new things to try.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!