Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Loves and Hates

LOVE: Pinks, reds, whites, and lavenders--the colors of Valentine's Day. After all the black-colored winter clothing it is always so refreshing to see springy colors in the stores.

HATE: Candy overload associated with V-Day. My kids think it is a free-for-all!

LOVE: Visiting the holiday aisle at the store and seeing all the decorations, boxes of Valentines, candies, and other fun stuff. I could spend 30 minutes there every time I visit the store!

HATE: That Easter stuff is already out and Valentine's Day is not over yet. In fact, yesterday I went to buy conversation hearts at the grocery store and they had none. But they had a million Cadbury eggs out! Not cool!

LOVE: Treating my family to a little Valentine's Day treat each day. I have a little heart-shaped envelope for each of them on the family room wall and I put stickers, a lollipop, cards, and other fun items in each day of the week leading up to Valentine's Day. As soon as they get home from school they run to see what is there.

HATE: That my DH is not a fan of V-Day. He usually goes out at midnight the night before to find my some flowers at the local grocery store. And we might go to dinner (like Arby's). But that's about it. :-(

LOVE: Being able to share feelings of love and friendship with others during this chilly time of year. It is a great way to warm up the heart!

Scripture of the Day: Moses 3:21-24

1 comment:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day too. Enjoy your Day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!