Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FHE Tip

Last night I tried using the newly designed First Presidency message in the Ensign for Family Home Evening and it worked quite well. If you have not noticed, this year the Ensign received an updated layout with some helpful additions. In the First Presidency Message article they have included a section for youth as well as for children (so far it has been activities for them to do).

With Patch now at age 12 and the girls being younger (9 and 7) I am trying to include little bits of age appropriate things for each of them. I started by reading a quote from the lesson, asked a few questions, and then we went through each of the youth and kids sections. The lesson held their attention and even evoked a few questions. So the overall verdict: definitely worth repeating. Kudos to the staff at the Ensign.

For those of you familiar with the intro to Family Home Evening Adventures and my yearly FHE planning style (I blogged about it here), this will be one of the weekly lessons of the month this year for the Irvine family.

Scripture of the Day: The Family Proclamation, paragraph 7

1 comment:

  1. I had come up with the idea of having a Relief Society Meeting to explore the new Church Magazines. I really like what they have done, too. I was thinking having mini classes on how to use them FHE lessons, YW/YM lessons, Primary talks, sharing times, etc. I'm getting a new calling next week and may not get to do this idea for Relief Society.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!