Tuesday, April 13, 2010

'A' Mountain

Yesterday evening we went and hiked 'A' mountain for the first time. Yes, I have lived here for over 30 years and have never hiked it before. 'Bout time? Right? Since I am not sore today, and did not twist my ankle even once, I am taking it as a good sign that with more practice maybe the whole Grand Canyon goal is a possibility. We will be doing more hikes before a final decision is made, though.

Here are the kids at the top of the 'A' mountain trail.



Kitty and Sweetie Peach sitting by the 'A.'



And on the way back down.


Scripture of the Day: Jacob 2:17 (in Julie B. Beck's talk "And Upon the Handmaids")

5 comments:

  1. Good job for finally doing it! Hiking is overrated anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always suprised how I worry if the kids are up to it and then I'm the one who gets the most tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I noticed you had a jacket on. I thought it was so hot yesterday (much nicer today) what time did you go? Okay, so I have never hiked that mountain either, but I have only lived her for 26 years.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was kind of too warm for the jacket, but it was so windy I wore it any way. We were there during dinner time, so the heat was starting to dissipate by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great hike. We've been hiking more too...Just wish we were headed to the Grand Canyon like you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!