Friday, November 19, 2010

My New Toy

For my birthday I was given a few gift cards to Barnes & Noble, so I used them (and a bit of my own stash) to buy myself a Nook (not the new color kind). I had been wanting to get one for several months, but held off. I even refrained from buying books for a few months with the intention I would be buying a Nook to put them on--you see, I am way short on bookshelf space.

Since my purchase I have been playing around, trying to figure out the ins and outs of the Nook. I am still going through the learning curve, but I did manage to read a free Nookbook offered on the Barnes & Noble website. I have looked to buy a few others, but have not been able to locate them (I don't see download-able books on the Cedar Fort website. Why is that?).

The other success I have had with the Nook is getting a free version of the Book of Mormon downloaded. Yay! I see also there are other files of the standard works on the same website, so I will be getting those as well.

Does anyone else out there have an e-reader? Any tips for finding content? Other suggestions?

Scripture of the Day: 1 Nephi 5:9-10

4 comments:

  1. I keep wondering if getting one will cause me more frustration than it is worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one but I've heard good things about the Nook. Hope you get it figured out. Enjoy! (And happy belated birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday present for a girl who loves her books! I'm sure you'll get it all figured out and love having books at your finger tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want an e-reader for Christmas too. I just want a more portable bookshelf for doctor's office, travel, etc.

    (By the way, you won the drawing for the Christmas book. I haven't posted about it yet, but shoot me an email w/ your address and I'll get it sent out. So glad you won!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!