Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Taking it Easy


Today my house smelled wonderful! My DH is out of town and I am trying to go the easy route on things so I don't get burned out and impatient with the kids. So a slow cooker meal of beef stew was put together this morning while I still had energy. And I loved the smell of it as I was in and out of the house all day. Even the kids commented on how good the vegetable beef stew in the slow cooker smelled. Of course, when it came to dinner time, the wouldn't hardly eat it.

Kitty said, "Mom, there are 11 green beans in my bowl of stew!"

"How many have you eaten already?" I asked.

"Six or seven," she said as her eyes darted around the room.

"Fibber. How many?"

"Two or three?"

"Yeah, right. Go and eat a few more and then you can be done," I said granting her a reprieve.

Not a battle worth fighting when I don't have the help or the energy for parenting much more today. Still, I am glad I made the stew (it tasted fabulous). Tomorrow? Take-out.


Scripture of the Day: Mosiah 2:20-21

2 comments:

  1. I find that the longer I spend cooking and the more dishes I dirty in the process, the less my kids will like what I eat. It's enough to make a woman want to quit! I have, at times. However, NOT cooking is too expensive. Meanwhile, my kids are really skinny (except for the Big Guy). The stew looks fab to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be apart of the "Code of Children" to love how it smells, but not want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!