Understanding the chronology of the Book of Mormon or Bible can go a long way toward building understanding and appreciation for these special books of scripture. Use a timeline to help your kids get a feel for when and where things are happening in the scriptures. You could have your family create its own timeline as you study by mapping events and people out on a posterboard. Other options include:
- This gorgeously designed wall map (order online here).
- This 1976 Ensign version you could print out and use as a bookmark.
- There is a simple, easy to understand timeline of the Bible online here.
- A timeline using artwork from Arnold Friberg is available here.
- The LDS seminary bookmarks with timelines on them are available as pdf files here (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon).
Scripture of the Day: D&C 88:123-124