Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Random Happenings in My Part of the World

(I am wishing fall weather would arrive!)

1. Yesterday I had the missionaries over for dinner. I knew my DH would not get home in time, so I set a table up on our front proch and we dined al fresco. Too bad it didn't *feel* al fresco; it was 100 degrees outside. I felt bad for torturing the elders like that, but figured they would prefer a home cooked meal in hot weather than none at all.

2. Today I received a performance review from the department chair and it was very positive!! I was so excited to get such positive feedback because I am working my tush off doing all the prep work for these classes.

3. Patch had a b-day bishop's interview last night. Before he went, DH told him to use "Aunt Carol's strategy" for church interviews and just say "no" to every question. Upon hearing this I looked at him like he was crazy and asked, "What if they ask him if he's saying his prayers?" The DH had to agree I had a point. Maybe this is why Aunt Carol is no longer active in the church?

4. Current WIP word count is 10,444. And Lindsay H. deserves a big shout out for editing and feedback she provided on the first 8,000 words. She did an awesome job.

5. I am so looking forward to General Conference this weekend. I am planning on doing the talk summaries, but might keep them a bit briefer than I did last April. Is that okay with y'all?

6. I am currently reading The Help and am so impressed with Stockett's ability to write character voices as distinctly as she does. She is inspiring to me!



Scripture of the Day: 1 Nephi 17:45

6 comments:

  1. I love random postings! Congrats on the performance review!! I am sure you are great!!

    I am looking forward to your summaries. I always appreciate that.

    And about The Help . . . I LOVED that book!! I am glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your great review! I knew you would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to read that book. You are amazing! I can't believe how many things you do. Are you going to do Police Beat anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hot or not, I'm sure the missionaries appreciated your dinner, and congrats on your review! The Help was a great book, I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Help. I can't wait for conference. And, I'd love if we had fall weather. It seems that we are having summer in fall and we had winter in summer. It's all mixed up here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post cracked me up! You are so smart to figure out a way to host the missionaries with no husband around! And your DH/Aunt Carol comments had my laughing out loud! Hope Patch "passed" his interview ;) and a p.s. I LOVED the Help! If you want to have a "book club" style discussion about that any time, I'd love to talk about it :) ---and another p.s, p.p.s. is we're really missing you at the gym. Kathya said, "this just isn't going to be the same without Becky!" True dat.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!