Thursday, September 2, 2010

Self Disclosure


On Wednesday I had to teach about self disclosure and perception in my Com 100 class. We had a fun time at the end of class applying what was learned from the textbook by evaluating some real personal ads my DH pulled of the internet for me the night before. Some of them are just too funny not to share here. Let me know in a comment if you feel they disclosed enough, too much, or not enough. Would you go out on a date with any of them? (Note: names have been changed, but I have not edited their writing.)

I'm [John Doe] from California Modesto speak English and a little German. I consider my appearance to be very good looking. I am 6’1” tall with an average build.

I'm [Jane Doe]. My personality traits are: purposeful, persistent, responsible, elegant, optimistic, romantic I like these kinds of music: pop I usually read: classics, detectives I like to go out to/and: cinema, exhibitions, disco, meeting with friends My favorite cuisine: Ask me I like these physical activities: dancing, swimming, travelling, volleyball, billiard More about me: I am vivid American lady and I like to make surprised for other persons, I like to make smile on faces of people. I am happy for every day, especially for free days with my partner:)

well i suppose there is no reason to beat around the bush here my name is [joe] and i am a single father of three children i have been divorced for allmost 3 years now and have never done as well as i am now im not rich in fact i make less money now than ever before but i make ends meet and am quite happy with my life but that i am missing one thing that one thing is what has drawn me to this site i dont have the money to pay for other dating sites and i dont have the time or a babbysitter to allow me to go out to meet people so here i am looking for the love of my life on the internet so i hope this gets someones attention waiting to hear from you [joe]


My name is [Jaxx], which has given me lots of nicknames. They call me Dos Equis(Dos XX)my favorite, Dos, Pimp Daddy Jaxx, MaddJaxx, and to many more to list. I'm young, open-minded, and very idealistic. I'm sweet (sweetest you will ever meet) and nice. I know myself very well. I know what I want(except for women, haven't figure them out) and where I want to go in my life. I Love the snow, but want to move to where its warm. Thats why I live in the Colorado mountains. I love to snowboard in the winter. So when it snows 15 inches, I'm a very very happy man. :-). I also love to read. Mostly history and environmental issues. Trying to save the Earth, is a big part of my life. I love music, blues and Jazz mostly Muddy Waters Howlin Wolf, Mississippi Joe Hurt, Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, and many more. I also like 60's and 70's rock, mondern rock, classical, rap, and many other type of music. I don't have one clue on how to be romantic, but I REALLY want to be. If give a little time to learn. In the end I will -->try<-- to make you the happiest woman alive. You must remember I'm a guy!  

Scripture of the Day: Helaman 5:12

PS, The theme for scriptures this month is "remember." I have to speak in sacrament meeting on this topic in a few weeks, so I thought I would do a little prep work here!

3 comments:

  1. Those were funny, but I also felt a bit bad for their loneliness. Still--why would any guy looking for romance tell a girl his nick name is "pimp daddy"? :-) I was also a bit struck at how open some were--as in saying they didn't know a thing about being romantic, but on the other hand the girl seems to be putting out a false front with all of her wonderful qualities. Interesting reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm . .. I firmly believe that there is someone for everyone, even these people. However, I am pretty sure one of those,the one who claimed to be an American woman, is NOT.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!