Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Banana Popsicles

Aren't these popsicle molds cute? My kids love the ones we have, but they aren't this cute. I was given a popsicle recipe at Weight Watchers last week and have already made it twice (it's that good). I like to buy healthier-alternative popsicles, especially fruity kinds, but they are getting way expensive. And double bonus for me is that I often have bananas that need to be used quickly and making banana bread in the summer in Arizona just has NO appeal to me (350 degree oven + 115 degree weather = small fortune in air conditioning). So without further adieu, here is the recipe:

Banana Popsicles
2 bananas (I prefer to use overly ripe ones that my kids won't eat)
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of skim milk
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp Splenda or 1 packet of Sweet 'n Low

Place all ingredients in a blender and liquefy until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid. Makes 6. And for anyone who might be counting Weight Watchers points, they are 1 each.

I am guessing (but have not yet personally tried it yet) that one could use 2 cups of strawberries or other fruit as a substitution and the recipe would still be pretty yummy.

Scripture of the Day: Mosiah 29:32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!