Saturday, July 12, 2008

Year of Miracles #12

Last Wednesday I was calling around town to try and find a copy of Agatha Christie's Curtain, which I needed to read for my book club meeting this upcoming week. I had had some e-mails from other club attendees who were also looking for the book, but had been unable to find a copy. I was able to locate one copy at a Barnes and Noble, but would have had to drive over 12 miles across town to get it. I decided to keep on calling and tried some used bookstores here in town. Finally (after a number of unsuccessful tries), a downtown Mesa bookstore confirmed they had a used copy. And as this was only 6 miles away, so I loaded the kids in the car and went to go pick it up. This would save me time, gas money, and the used copy was only $3, versus the $10 version at Barnes and Noble. I was feeling pretty blessed {anytime I can save both time and money I count it miraculous}. But it got even better. When I got to the store, the clerk showed me there was a bit of page stains (nothing serious whatsoever), and said he would let me have it for $1! When I went to pay with my debit card {do I ever have cash on me? No!} he said I could take it for FREE and pay an extra dollar the next time I came in. Well, it turned out I had enough dimes, nickels and pennies in my coin purse to pay the dollar. But still, I found it miraculous to meet such an honest and trusting man. And I have decided I will shop there more often.

And by the way, Curtain was great! Love those Agatha Christie mysteries!

Scripture of the Day: Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!