Monday, May 3, 2010

Our Gila Valley Temple Tour


Last Friday afternoon Steve and I took a few hours off of work, pulled the kids out of school, and headed over to Safford for the Gila Valley Temple open house. We arrived later for our tickets, but we did not get asked to show them anyway. First there was a good video shown at the church house next to the temple. It explained the history and importance of temples, as well as the history of the Saints in the Gila Valley. Then we were taken over to the temple and given a tour, starting with the baptistery. I loved the soft, muted colors used throughout the temple--blues and tans and other pastels. It was a beautiful experience and I was so grateful to be able to take the kids there. Patch had to miss a birthday party of a friend and was not exactly pleased. But I tried to explain how few open houses he would get to go to in his life compared to birthday parties. I think he understands...

Scripture of the Day: Hebrews 15:5-7

3 comments:

  1. What fun! My husband took my girls down today. I wasn't able to go with them, but they all had a good time. Now we are looking forward to the Gilbert temple opening. And then it would be really nice to just start the Phoenix temple. I heard it will be another year though because they have to redo the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family togetherness moment. Your beautiful description has sparked a desire to get back to being a worthy temple goer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! It looks so beautiful. Touring a new temple is something your kids will remember for a long time too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!