Monday, August 10, 2009

Home Again, Home Again


We made it home from our trip today. I am glad to be home but sad to be back in such hot weather. We went to Irvine, California (where else, right?) but took a trip up to Hollywood and over to Newport Beach as well. The above picture of the kids was at a beautiful location--we had a nice picnic there before heading up to find the Hollywood sign.


Which we found after about two hours of driving--not exactly the greatest experience, but we had a lot of fun driving around in the neighborhood just below the sign. Lots of narrow, winding streets with interesting houses.


We spent an hour or so at the beach. I got sunburned. That will teach me to remember the sunblock. Here the kids were building a sand volcano. They filled it up with broken sea shells.


And finally a trip to the hotel pool. Sweetie Peach is such a little poser! The hotel was great with free bikes to ride and nice amenities. The only drawback was the convention of 2,000 teens being held at the time. At least it was a Christian Convention--I got invited to attend a worship service with them (which I politely declined as we were headed to our own).

I hope your weekend was great, too!

Scripture of the Day: John 3:5

4 comments:

  1. I love the beach and really need to take my kids there.

    I also have a habit of forgetting to put sunscreen on myself. It never fails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun!! How did the first day of school go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love the beach. It is one of my favorite places to go. It sounds like your trip was a lot of fun. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you all had a great time. Nothing can beat the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!