Monday, August 3, 2009
A Little Life Change is Coming
Next week school starts and my baby, Sweetie Peach, will be headed to school all day for first grade. I have really mixed feelings, but I think overall I am ready for her to go. To help stave off feelings of sadness (I know I will still cry that first day) I have begun to make a list of things I can do during my free time. Here is what I have so far... feel free to make suggestions. What would you want to do if you were in my situation?
1. Organize my home a little more. Not a lot--I don't want to spend all my time cleaning.
2. Work on my latest book; I hope to finish it this fall.
3. Go out to lunch with a friend or two.
4. Enroll in our stake institute class or take a community college class.
5. Volunteer at the kids' schools.
6. Work on some family albums--I am a little behind on these.
7. Go to the temple without worrying about the kids at home.
8. Maybe a DIY home improvement project or two--if i get a little extra $$.
9. Go to a chick flick in the middle of the day!
10. Do more indexing.
11. Run errands in a quick and efficient manner.
It's not going to be too bad, right?
Scripture of the Day: Matt 16:15-19