Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Beginnings


This is a new beginning for me, writing this blog of my experiences making scripture study work for my family of five. I must admit, getting scripture study in every day is still a challenge (probably always will be), and is definitely not always fun. But the rewards--both immediate and promised--are too great to pass up. So we trudge onward and I keep trying to find fun new ways to help my kids learn to love the scriptures and gain a testimony of the Savior.

As a disclaimer, I should mention I have a book being published this year with ideas for families and scripture study (Adventures with the Word of God: Making Scripture Study Fun for the Whole Family). It is a book of monthly, sometimes holiday, based themes to go along with scripture study. I have some new ideas, not in the book, that I am currently testing and would love feedback (if you feel so inclined).

So, this month's theme for my family is Heavenly Treasure. We are reading scriptures about things we should--or should not--place value on in this life. The scriptures are on the back of gold coins called Celestial Cents and we are placing them into a pot-o-gold.

Scripture of the Day: 2 Chron. 1:11-12 (treasure up wisdom and knowledge)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun blog! I love the pot of gold and treasure. We'll have to try that one out in our home. Can't wait to see what other fun things you have for scripture study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for anyone to review some of your lessons. I WOULD LOVE TO. I have really been imoressed lately to focus more energies (instead of on other things like soccer mom, and other similar destractions)on our family scripture study. I have had some very strong feelings and impressions regarding this but, I honestly dont know where to begin. Any ideas or thoughts would not only be much appreciated, they would be an answer to prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!