I generally look forward to April Fool's Day--but have yet to play any serious tricks. As a kid my grandfather used to make pancakes for us on April Fools and sneak a few shreds of newspaper into them! We laughed and loved his willingness to joke around. This year I think I will take a cue from him and play this food joke on my kids that I found: Meatloaf cupcakes!!!
The "cake" part is just regular meatloaf baked in small cupcake size rounds (do not bake in the cupcake foils because there will be too much grease--place in foils afterward), and the "frosting part" is mashed potatoes with some food coloring mixed in.
And in addition to the fake cupcakes for dinner, I will use some of these scripture "jokes" for our morning scripture study:
- The longest Sacrament meeting on record: Acts 19:8
- Men should date women from Utah: Lamentations 5:18
- Proof the Word of Wisdom was not followed in the Old Testament: Genesis 24:64
- Proof God is a woman and her name is Shirley: Amos 3:7
- God commanded Solomon to bring basketball to the people: 1 Chron. 28:6
Have fun foolin' around!