Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Picnic Party

Yesterday morning my mom brought a large basket to our house. It was full of left over party supplies she had from a get-together at her house the night before. There were hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, sodas, chips, water bottles, potato salad, and beans. When I saw the basket I thought, "Here is a picnic waiting to happen." So we decided to use if for dinner THAT night.

But then I remembered that Steve and I needed to get our temple recommends signed by the stake presidency, which is from 6 to 7 pm at the stake center. We did not want to give up our picnic, so instead we held it on the lawn behind the stake center and Steve and I took turns going in for our interviews.

It was lots of fun and the kids loved it. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. Many thanks to Mimi for the inspiration and the food!

Scripture of the Day: Deut. 28:12 (I love rain, but I was glad it did not rain on our picnic!)

I also bought a new camera--here is my first test shot with it--a bird of paradise flower in our front yard. Seems to work well, but the photographer needs a little practice with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!