Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Victory Garden



This past week and wonderful weather has had me in the garden a lot. I have planted some zucchini, cucumbers, tomato, and lettuce plants. I still need to put in some beans and I already have some bell peppers growing from last year. I even picked up some great ideas from this website about preparing soil and using above ground planters to grow.

I love the process of planting and seeing the seeds begin to grow and then eventually being able to harvest. Scripture study with my kids is a lot like planting seeds and then watching them grow and learn. The process is more drawn out, but the harvest is more bountiful. It is the true victory garden!

Scripture of the day: Alma 32:42-43

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. What a great job you're doing teaching your family to love the scriptures. I'm so inspired. When your book gets published, you should really reference it in your description of yourself, highlighting it so we can all benefit! Keep up the good work. Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!