Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Random Happenings in My Corner of the Universe
1. On Sunday I had a very pleasant surprise during ward conference: my favorite seminary teacher (currently on the stake high council) spoke to the adults during Gospel Doctrine. Brother Calton was my seminary teacher for two years for what was called the lunch bunch class (we took seminary during our lunch hour and were allowed to bring our meal to eat during class). Those were some of the best two years of high school for me and my testimony of the Gospel flourished from Brother Calton's teachings. And it was wonderful to be under his tutelage again on Sunday.
2. Patch complained recently that a girl at school was lucky--she got to get out of school early to go put her dog to sleep.
3. Despite several small "repairs" my van is still not working. The garage door is not functioning either. I am beginning to feel cursed.
4. Steve has really bad allergies. Spring is a hard time for him. When he mows a lawn he wears a gas mask to protect himself. But usually he still has problems. He had a really hard time sleeping last night.
5. Kitty is doing a book report for school on a biography of Elizabeth Blackwell, the first female doctor in the U.S. I need to get a costume together for her to wear that looks like it is from Civil War era. I guess I will be hitting DI looking for pieces. The problem is her size... I don't know if I have ever even seen one in a girls' size 8/10.
6. My shoulder aches from sleeping on it wrong or something. But I don't want to take any ibuprofen because I have my weigh-in tomorrow and don't want the extra water weight it will cause. So I will suffer with it until after my weigh-in.
7. I biffed it in the parking lot of the grocery store on Valentine's Day evening (no comments on the lack of date night, please). I rode my bike to the store to pick up a few groceries and while leaving to come home my bike basket came loose and scattered groceries all over the place. I lost my balance, but was able to recover without injuring myself. But getting home with all the groceries safely was tricky.
8. I am working hard to get my manuscript parts off the the publisher this week. With all the pictures I drew for it (jpeg files)and the word files it can be tricky to make sure I get everything to them.
Scripture of the Day: Moroni 8:17