Sunday, May 17, 2009

Member Missionary Moment #3


This post is part of a year long series where each week I strive to complete an item from a list of 101 Ways to do Member Missionary Work. Feel free to join me in the work!

This week I completed #5 from section 3 (Family): Share missionary experiences with one another during dinner. We went around the table and each shared an experience or two. Here is what was shared:

Me: I talked of a time I helped a co-worker learn a bit about her family through genealogy work.

Patch: He played with a non-member friend both at school and here at our home.

Kitty: She invited a non-member friend to attend a ward Halloween party last year. She also has invited this friend to come to church.

Sweetie Peach: She could not think of one, so she passed.

Steve: When on a recent business trip he talked with some non-member co-workers about what it was like to serve as a missionary for the Church.

This was an easy item to complete and I highly recommend each of you do this in the upcoming week. It helped to remind us to be actively engaged in missionary work.

PS: I forgot to mention last week I also spent time talking with a non-member friend at a ball game. We did not talk about much in the way of the church, but I had not seen her for a while and it was good to catch up with her.

Scripture of the Day: Ezekiel 19:2

3 comments:

  1. We have been asked to pray for our ward missionaries and help them find people to teach.

    I love looking for a chance to share the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea. We had a missionary moment this past Saturday as well. Two years ago my husband gave away a Book of Mormon to a lady at work. On Saturday she, along with her two daughters were baptized. He has given away numerous Book of Mormons and even more pass along cards. No one has been baptized from it until now and this one took two years. I think that is a good lesson in never giving up--and to just keep doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an excellent idea which will bear much fruit. For one, it helps your kids to understand that they are doing missionary work simply when they play with non member children, etc., and it makes doing missionary work a part of their every day diet (anything you talk about whilst eating has a huge impression).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!