Sunday, May 24, 2009

Member Missionary Moment #4


This post is part of a year long series where each week I strive to complete and item from a list of 101 Ways to do Member Missionary Work. Feel free to join me in the work!


This week I tried to "openly refer to my affiliation with and activity in the Church with friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances" (#3 in section 3). This was easy for me. I do not mind referring to the Church if things come up naturally in the conversation. The hardest part was when my less active brother came to my house. He is a talented artist and I asked for him to sketch what he thought a Nephite temple might look like (I am trying to draw one myself and wanted to see his version). In recent years I would not have done this because I know he is sensitive to Church-related things. But I went ahead and asked, and he drew it--although he gave me kind of a funny look first. I think I will continue on with this missionary tool for a few weeks just to make sure I am being as brave as I should be.


Scripture of the Day: 1 Nephi 11:18






2 comments:

  1. So what does your temple look like? It probably depends on the era and whether they were Nephite temples or Lamantite structures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! So I want to see both drawings! YOu should post them :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!