Friday, May 22, 2009

Police Beat #40

Thank Heaven for Fridays!

May 7: A white gold bracelet with diamonds was lost at the President’s Dinner. Bracelet is valued at $10,600. The bracelet was found May 8 and returned to the owner.

(Comment: I hope the finder got a reward. I am sure the owner of the bracelet was relieved to get it back.)

May 1: A grounds employee was trimming a tree when an object flew up and broke a window in Harris Hall. No one was hurt.

(Comment: Those grounds crew members are getting rowdy with their power tools once again. Time for another anger management training seminar I think.)

May 6: A female reported seeing the shadow of a male directly outside her bedroom window at Wymount Terrace around 2 a.m. She woke her husband and saw the man leave in a car. No one was found when officers arrived.

(Comment: Sad her husband just left her there. Maybe he was tired of getting woken up in the middle of the night by his paranoid wife.)

May 6: A child went missing in the Marriott Center at the Hope of America event, but was found and safely returned to his caretaker.

(Comment: Caretaker? Or caregiver? Sounds like the kid needs more of a caretaker than caregiver.)

May 4: Student Auxiliary Services found a $20 counterfeit bill in a deposit bag from Women’s Conference. There are no suspects.

(Comment: I know some suspects... both this blogger and this blogger were at women's conference. And they are pretty shady characters :-)

Scripture of the Day: 2 Timothy 1:5

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a super weekend!
    ♥ HUGS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee! Thanks for being listed as a "shady" character! :-) It wasn't me, I promise. I don't print anything smaller than 50's. :-)

    Also--who on earth wears bracelets valued at 10,000 dollars??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't me! I haven't been anywhere near a woman's conference in my life. And I'm with Joy/Linda (I think that's her name) who wears 10,000 dollar bracelets? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!