Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Round-Up

For Memorial Day the kids and I went to a family barbeque at my parents' house. There was swimming, extended family to visit with, and a Cathy's rum cake that was to die for. This is my brother (who looks thrilled to get his picture taken!) flanked by (l) my cousin Donna and (r) my cousin Ron's wife, Marcie.
Here are the kids and their two cousins getting ready to jump in to pool to try and make the world's largest splash. The succeeded, of course!
Here my mom is brushing Sweetie Peach's hair after she had been swimming.

Finally, a cute pic of Sweetie Peach holding part of the watermelon I seeded for my post a few days ago. My kids LOVE watermelon and always hover while I am cutting it up for them.
After the barbeque we went to see Night at the Museum 2, which was fun. We took advantage of the $5.50 deal Cinemark offers on Monday nights for families of three people or more (and it comes with a free popcorn!). I thought Amy Adams did a great job as Amelia Earhart; and Owen Wilson was funny as before. The ending a was too formulaic for my taste, but we still had a great time.

Scripture of the Day: Isaiah 66:13

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time!! I love rum cake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Adams is fab in everything! She's going to be a stah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great Memorial Day. I always think it is so much fun when cousins can get together and have a great time. We also saw the movie. I enjoyed it a lot. Not much plot, but still a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!