Thursday, May 22, 2008

School's Out, Scream and Shout

Today is the last day of school for Patch and Kitty; it was yesterday for Sweetie Peach's preschool. There was an award ceremony this morning and Kitty was one of the Winning Workers awarded a certificate. Yeah! A short while later I went (with Sweetie Peach in tow) to help with Kitty's classroom party. My assignment was the water balloon toss. What a hit that was with the kids! I put marks on the sidewalk 1 ft. apart for about 24 feet total. I had them start close and then take steps backward as the game progressed. Some of the balloons were tough and did not break right away. I wasn't sure what to do at first, but then decided to chalk it up to making the game a bit more fun and interesting. Here are a few shots of the fun--since there was an odd number of kids, the teacher helped out.In addition to the water balloon toss, the kids made their own trail mix and then heard a story. They also each made a cute scrapbook page to say "thank you" to their teacher for such a fun second grade year. I think even Sweetie Peach enjoyed this fun party!
Scripture of the Day: I-14, D&C 8:10

1 comment:

  1. So cute. Looks like all had fun. Hey can you email me something so I can have your email address again. I want to send you your picture and can't find your email. So sorry,

    Misi

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!