Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day Scriptures

I have noticed on my stats counter that I am getting a number of hits from people looking for scriptures for Father's Day. And since that is just a few days away, I thought I would post this great quote, as well as some helpful scriptures for this special day.

"I remind you brethren who bear the Melchizedek Priesthood that the seed of the present is the harvest of the future. I urge you, as fathers and as priesthood leaders, to focus more attention on teaching, guiding, and shepherding these young men, especially by example. The Lord has given you that obligation. Remember, the lambs have little chance of following the right path if the shepherd goes astray." --Joseph B. Wirthlin, "The Priesthood of God", Ensign, Nov 1988, 34

Ten great scriptures about mortal fatherhood (not in any particular order):

  1. Exodus 20:12
  2. Proverbs 3:12
  3. Luke 11:11-13
  4. Ephesians 6:4
  5. 1 Nephi 1:1
  6. Enos 1:1
  7. Mosiah 27:14
  8. D&C 68:25
  9. D&C 83:4
  10. Family Proclamation p. 7

A few great scripture stories about fathers include:
  1. Abraham and Isaac (Genesis 22:1-18)
  2. The parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
  3. Jairus petitioning the Savior to heal his daughter (Luke 8:41-56)
  4. Alma praying for his wayward son Alma the Younger (Alma 27)
  5. Lehi taking his family into the wilderness (1 Nephi)
I also found this really cute poem on a tie shaped card that is for Father's Day! Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!