Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Super Tourist: Part 5

More in London
After visiting the Tower of London I stopped at Tower Bridge. The view from the upper level was nice, especially of the Thames. And it was interesting to learn about the political and economical parameters that made the design and execution of the bridge difficult. Here are two shots--one of the bridge (above) and one from the upper level (facing up river, I believe).
Later that afternoon my mom and I went to Kensington Palace, which is where Princess Diana lived with her boys until her divorce. There was a nice collection of her dresses there, as well as an audio tour describing royal dress in history. We enjoyed this little tour, but loved an unexpected tour afterwards of Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. As we were leaving the palace, a man on a golf cart was dropping some people off for their tour and asked us if we would like a ride around the parks. He was giving rides/tours to anyone who might be interested and only asked for a small donation in return for park maintenance. He took us all around and we had lots of fun seeing some lovely fountains, statues, and even Speakers Corner.
(A garden right next to the palace--you can see the palace in the background.)
The next day in the morning I took a few shots of the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and then visited Westminster Abbey. Since photos were not allowed inside Westminster, here are a few of the pictures I took of these three sights that are right next to each other.

1 comment:

  1. Becky I must say I am so jealous. I would LOVE to do something like that some day. You took some GREAT picts. Later,

    Misi

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!