Monday, July 13, 2009

Member Missionary Moment #9

(What I wish it looked like here in the hot summer while I am out walking.)

This post is part of a year long series where each week I strive to complete and item from a list of 101 Ways to do Member Missionary Work. Feel free to join me in the work!

This week's accomplishment is from section 7, #3: "Invite a friend to participate in activities at the church."

This week I went out walking and was approached by a woman who was lost. She was also out exercising, but was new to the neighborhood and got a little turned around. I walked with her for about five minutes and got to know her a little bit. She and her family moved here six weeks ago from Chicago. She asked me what summer activities I do with my kids, so I suggested cub scouts for the boys and some other activities my girls do (where the teacher is LDS and additional missionary opportunities might come up). She does not live in my ward boundaries and she home schools her kids, so the likelihood I will run into her often is low. But I hope I do get the chance to meet her again--she was nice and it was fun to talk with someone while walking.

Scripture of the Day: Deut. 7:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!