Tuesday, July 14, 2009
We're Having a Heat Wave
Oh, it is so hot out today! It is making me sluggish. And the thought of cooking dinner is not good. In fact, instead of thinking about making dinner, I have compiled this list of things I would just rather not do when it is 110 degrees or hotter outside. Feel free to add your own ideas in a comment:
- Drive anywhere, especially if you don't have a/c. Or get stuck in a traffic jam.
- Wait. Like when you arrive a few minutes early to pick up your kids and you have to wait and end up in a puddle of sweat.
- Cook. Oven and stove should be off-limits! Pressure cookers are the worst.
- Use the dryer. Yikes! Maybe fluff is okay.
- Exercising, especially outside (except for swimming). Even at 5 am it will be 85+ degrees.
- Get the family ready for church. Or for family pictures. Not fun!
- Going to the drive-in movies or restaurant.
- Shopping at an outdoor mall. The alternating blasts of heat with cold air conditioning does a number on my skin.
- Yard work. Occasionally I will get up with the sun to pull a few weeds, but even then...
Scripture of the Day: Joshua 1:8