Friday, April 18, 2008

Summer Reading

Although I am somewhat loathe to admit it, summer is almost here and the kids will be out of school soon. One thing I look forward to doing in the summer is a bit more reading. So I have begun to put together a list of books I want to try and read. Here are three of them:

1. Before the Dawn (Dean Hughes)
A novel about a Relief Society president serving during the great depression era. This looks good -- I am interested in learning more about the time period and an article I read about it discussed how well the author researched it by using the now defunct Relief Society Magazine (among other resources).

2. Founding Mothers (Cokie Roberts)
Just because I like to read about American history and there isn't much out there about the women who were there.

3. Blink (Malcom Gladwell)
I loved his book The Tipping Point, so I want to try this one to see if it is as good.

Scripture of the Day: D&C 20:74


1 comment:

  1. Becky, I LOVED The Tipping Point. Let me know if you like Blink; it is on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!