Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Super Cookie


Here's a recipe I want to try, but was unable to buy calcium carbonate at my local Sprouts market. Maybe I will bake them without it, since it says it is optional... but maybe that defeats the purpose?!? The recipe was put together by a BYU professor striving to increase the calcium intake of deficient children in Bolivia and Peru. I guess milk is not traditionally a common drink there. And since I am not a big milk fan myself, I am always on the lookout for high calcium content foods. I will report back on how they taste and if kids actually like them.

Quinoa Cookies
1 C. Quinoa flour
1 C. Wheat flour
1/2 C. Sugar
2 t. Vanilla
1 T. Baking powder
1/2 C. Vegetable oil
3 Eggs
3 T. Calcium carbonate (optional)

In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients using a mixer. Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. {Taken from BYU Magazine, Spring 2008}

Scripture of the Day: D&C 20:72-73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!