Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Filling the Font to Prepare for Baptism

Well, a new month has arrived and it is time for me to introduce a new theme. Before I do so, I thought I would show you how our Heavenly Treasure ended up looking. The kids had fun with this one--note the Celestial Cent on top of the bird's head (Patch's silliness). We hit about 24 days of the month, which is on the low end for us. Still, not terrible.The new theme for April is another one that is not in my forthcoming book (Adventures with the Word of God). It is one I developed for Kitty because she is turning 8 this month. Of course, it is about baptism and is designed to help her prepare this big event. There are 30 scriptures chosen to answer 5 questions about baptism. The scriptures are on the back of water "splashes" and once they are read they are placed in the font so as to gradually fill up the font. Here is the picture I drew/put together on the computer for it:The splashes will have to overlap to fit them all on, but I think this will work well to ensure Kitty is well prepared for her baptism at the end of this month.

Here is the first Scripture of the Day, which goes toward answering the question, "Is it necessary for everyone to be baptized?" Acts 2:38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!