Thursday, April 10, 2008

Top 10 Scriptures for Moms

My grandmother, Helen Darton Spiers (Kunkel), in England

Got to thinking about scriptures most meaningful to me as a mom and thought I would share my top 10. With great respect to David Letterman, here's the count down:

10. 2 Nephi 25:26 -Some of the best advice out there for making a Christ-centered home.

9. 2 Nephi 2:25 -Somedays as a mom I need the reminder that it is all about "joy."

8. John 19:27 -One of the Savior's last acts was to make sure his mother was cared for.

7. Luke 1:46 -I want serve as a magnifying glass to the Gospel and Savior for my children, too.

6. Genesis 3:20 -Not because she was the first woman on earth, or Adam's wife, but because she would be a mother.

5. Mosiah 4:14-15 -What I aspire to be able to do on a daily basis.

4. Moses 1:39 -What I aspire to help Heavenly Father accomplish in the long run.

3. 2 Timothy 1:5 -This gives me hope that the testimony I have will be passed on to my kids.

2. Mosiah 3:8 -It gives me a thrill just to read it!

1. Alma 56:47-48 -Even teenage boys will rely on the words taught by their moms.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, Thanks so much for your time and effort on this one. I really needed to read this today and recommit to my humble, frustrating, sometimes thankless job. You're awesome, as always, and hope you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay- I just stumbled across your blog and I LOVE, LOVE love it! Thank you so much . I am needing to add you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!