Thursday, April 10, 2008
Top 10 Scriptures for Moms
Got to thinking about scriptures most meaningful to me as a mom and thought I would share my top 10. With great respect to David Letterman, here's the count down:
10. 2 Nephi 25:26 -Some of the best advice out there for making a Christ-centered home.
9. 2 Nephi 2:25 -Somedays as a mom I need the reminder that it is all about "joy."
8. John 19:27 -One of the Savior's last acts was to make sure his mother was cared for.
7. Luke 1:46 -I want serve as a magnifying glass to the Gospel and Savior for my children, too.
6. Genesis 3:20 -Not because she was the first woman on earth, or Adam's wife, but because she would be a mother.
5. Mosiah 4:14-15 -What I aspire to be able to do on a daily basis.
4. Moses 1:39 -What I aspire to help Heavenly Father accomplish in the long run.
3. 2 Timothy 1:5 -This gives me hope that the testimony I have will be passed on to my kids.
2. Mosiah 3:8 -It gives me a thrill just to read it!
1. Alma 56:47-48 -Even teenage boys will rely on the words taught by their moms.