Thursday, April 3, 2008

Time for General Conference

I am so looking forward to this weekend and General Conference. I love to hear the counsel that is provided for by our wonderful leaders! During the Saturday sessions I plan to listen while I get rid of that mending pile that has been building on the wash room counter for the past few months--and then do any ironing that needs to be done. Sunday I will sit back and relax and enjoy the sessions. I like to make an extra special breakfast on Conference Sundays and try to encourage the kids to listen (key word here: try).

This year our primary presidency sent home some cute packets for the kids to work on during conference (aren't Primary Presidencies generally just wonderful?!?). If your Primary presidency didn't send anything home, try this site of Friend coloring pages all organized. I find it to be very handy. Another helpful tip is to assign kids 8 and older to choose one talk or story to report on/tell for FHE the next night. The key thing is to plan a strategy ahead of time and have any materials you need prepared and ready to go.

Scripture of the Day: D&C 33:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!