Saturday, September 13, 2008

Year of Miracles #21

I honestly can't recall any miracles from this past week. I have thought and thought, but nothing is really coming to mind. I guess I need to pay more attention in this upcoming week. Here, though, is a miracle that happened when I was a child.

My family was driving on vacation in the mountains and passed a car parked by the side of the road. A couple was standing next to the car, but nothing appeared to be wrong. Shortly after passing the car, my mother had a strong feeling we needed to back to see if they needed any help. My dad turned the car around and went back to the couple we had passed. After pulling up behind it my parents went to go and see if any help was needed.

The couple in the other car was elderly and very nice. And yes, they did need help changing a flat tire. The husband had recently had heart surgery and was not supposed to exert as much physical strain as changing a tire would require. They had worried and wondered what to do until our family stopped to help

My father set to work changing the tire for them and soon after both cars were on there separate ways.

Scripture of the Day: #4 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy-- Genesis 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!