Friday, September 4, 2009
Those darn BYU Police have not been on the beat for a few weeks now. I am beginning to go through withdrawal! Hopefully, since BYU starts up again soon, the police will be back on duty as well.
But in the meantime, here is another of David Letterman's Top Ten Lists to get you laughing as Labor Day weekend starts. It's a football one to honor the beginning of the season. Enjoy!
Top Ten Signs Your Team Won't Be Going to the Superbowl
10. Last year's mascot is this year's quarterback.
9. They dump Gatorade over the coach after they win the coin toss.
8. Just to be on the safe side, they often punt on the first down.
7. Inner-ear condition makes it impossible for starting halfback to stay between sidelines.
6. Team beaten by local teens in halftime "Punt, Pass, and Kick" competition.
5. Incredible goal-kicking mule no longer willing to play for apples.
4. Players constantly addressing each other as "girlfriend."
3. They are only giving 109 percent.
2. During last quarter, you notice players leaving early to beat the traffic.
1. Instead of helmets, halved honeydew melons!
Scripture of the Day: 2 Nephi 2:25