Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am feeling guilty


Today I had to do something that I now feel guilty about. It had to be done though. My husband wanted me to take care of it, as well as my parents. And even I feel somewhat glad that I have done it. But in the doing I had to be sort of unkind to someone I care about. This person has not been kind to me at all lately (sometimes family members treat each other that way), but it still does not justify things in my mind.

I hate feeling guilty.

Maybe Nephi felt a few twinges of guilt after slaying Laban.

(No, I did not kill anyone.)

Note to self: Never loan money to a family member again.

(Image credit)

Scripture of the Day: 1 Neph 19:23

7 comments:

  1. It's really hard to be honest and straightforward and not feel unkind. I am sure your heart was God focused and your words weren't unkind or evil. I pray God gives you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rule about lending money is that it basically has to be a gift. Don't lend money you aren't willing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that's a hard one. I figure that if you ever do loan to a family member you should call it a loan, consider it a gift, and be pleasantly surprised if any money ever shows up in return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminder: The purpose for guilt is to remind you to repent when you've done wrong.

    You haven't done wrong. Therefore, you should not feel guilt.

    Shake it off, shake it off. You did a GOOD if uncomfortable thing. Not a bad thing. You have no need for GUILT.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck Becky; sorry you're still dealing with this. I'm sure you weren't unkind, even though it wasn't pleasant. Hope it all turns out ok for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all the supportive comments. It has really helped me. I tend to be a people pleaser and in this situation I was not able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you were not happy about doing it, but I also know the situation has been bugging you for a long time. I'm glad it over for you now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!