Monday, September 28, 2009

Miscommunications


Today was a day of miscommunication.

Scenario 1:

My turn to carpool the neighborhood kids home from the elementary school this week. But I traded Friday as we are headed out of town. Somehow the conversation got me confused and I did not go to get the kids. Until the school called, that is.


Scenario 2 (an hour later):

The phone rings and Kitty answers. After hanging up she yells to me that I need to go get my son and cohorts from junior high. What? I KNOW this is not my week to carpool them. So I call to talk to the mom whose turn it was. Not home. I check the caller ID. The house number for one of the carpool kids had called, so I called back to find out what Kitty's conversation had been. Turned out they were simply looking for their son and I did not need to go get them from school. Two minutes later Patch walked in.


Scenario 3 (an hour after that):

Kitty and Sweetie Peach are playing with friends Carli and Anna. They leave to go to Carli's house (next to us). But within 10 minutes Kitty and Sweetie Peach return without friends. I tell Kitty to call Carli's house to have them come back because Anna's mother had brought her over to play at our house, not theirs. She calls. Anna does not show up. After 10 minutes I send Kitty and Sweetie Peach to get her. They return with the report that Anna has headed for home -- walking (1/3 mile away)! I send Kitty after Anna on the scooter while I Anna's home to make sure someone is home and let them know what is going on. Five minutes later Kitty returns without Anna. So I get in the car, drive the route to Anna's home (don't see her on the way), and knock on her door. Anna is home already and it turned out when Kitty had called her she thought it was her mother was calling to tell her to come home.


Hopefully that is the end of the misunderstandings today.

(Image credit)

Scripture of the Day: Helaman 5:12

1 comment:

Comments are much appreciated!