Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wake Up!


At institute this past Monday our teacher told us a funny family scripture study experience she had had recently. Their family has had difficulty getting their teen daughter to wake up and come to study. She just kept falling back asleep. Finally, our instructor arranged with her husband that the family would hold scripture study in the bedroom of their sleepy daughter. The first morning of the arrangement they headed into her room and opened the scriptures to carry on their study of the Book of Mormon. This is the first verse (completely unplanned) my institute instructor read:

"Awake! and arise from the dust, and hear the words of a trembling parent..."(2 Nephi 1:14)

She said they all started laughing and had a hard time finishing study time without chuckling!

(Image Credit)

Scripture of the Day: Mosiah 4:30

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! I am sure I would have had a hard time finishing also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That's going to have me giggling on and off all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!I love that idea of reading in the room of sleeping kids. Although we read at night and I am the one falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!