Tuesday, November 25, 2008

10 Thanksgiving Scriptures


One of the best ways to start off your Thanksgiving feast (before the blessing on the food) is by sharing a scripture on being thankful. Here are ten scriptures for you to choose from--all are great.

1. D&C 46:32

2. Colosians 3:15 (probably my favorite: "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts...; and be ye thankful ."

3. Psalms 100:1-5

4. Alma 37:37 (a scripture mastery verse you can't go wrong with)

5. 1 Thes. 5:18

6. D&C 98:1 (good one for the current economy)

7. Alma 34:38

8. Psalms 95:1-2

9. Mosiah 2:19-21 (King Benjamin's famous speech)

10. D&C 78:19

I hope you are all ready for your feast. I still have a run to make to the grocery store, but I am looking forward to our family get together. Have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing these "thankful" scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't quite get past ogling that photo to appreciate the scriptures. I am evil. Is that your house? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, not my house. My china is blue and white and I do not posses the talent for decorating as pretty as that picture is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever! Becky you are an amazing talent at decorating. Besides, you also have James as a resource. Thanks for the scriptures. We are going to read them tonight to prepare for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!