Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When it rains it pours...


What is up with my work lately? It has been one project after another and I have barely had time to keep up with my housework. Actually, I have had time; I just wasted it reading Heidi Ashworth's new book Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. (Which, BTW, was great--I may have to post about it some more later.)

But anyway, so I just wrapped up (almost) my two big focus group projects and I have another big project lined up for the week after Thanksgiving. I thought I would have a little time to get caught up around here. But then today at my Weight Watcher's meeting my cell phone rang. I never usually bother turning it off because it is rare anyone ever calls me--rare like once a week someone might call if I am lucky.

So of course when I am in the meeting it rings and I am all shocked and surprised that it is my phone. I grab it as quickly as I can, embarrassed to be the one disrupting the meeting, and headed straight into the bathroom (it was the fastest way out of the room). The call was from one of my bosses to ask me if I had time this week and early next to analyze a large amount qualitative data. In my shocked state (I am telling you, I RARELY get called) I agreed to help out on the project.

I wasn't until later I realized this would mean working for at least several hours on Saturday. Yuck. I had to work the last two Saturdays as well. I hate that.

What's worse is that almost every time I get big projects like these, it turns out we will need to money for some big repair or other large ticket item. The last time this happened we got termites and it cost over $1000 to get our house treated. I wonder what it will be this time...

Scripture of the Day: 2 Nephi 32:3

PS: Don't forget to check out the giveaway of my book on Diapersanddivinity.com. You have until Friday at midnight to leave a comment to get entered!

5 comments:

  1. That's a hilarious picture in this post! She looks like I feel. Hey, thanks so much for linking to me! You rock! And thanks for buying my book and for reading it and mostly for loving it! Love you! (even if you did spell my last name wrong--it's okay, it happens all the time--a worth was a holding in medieveal England, a croft was just a puny little place-we're the AshWORTH's).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to read that book. I love finding a good read! About all of the extra work money, at least when the unexpected hits, you have unexpected funds to cover it. Maybe this time you will just have a little extra...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that Heidi--that's what happens when I write posts after my bedtime, but I got it all fixed.

    Wendy, you definitely should read it! You would love it--funny and romantic all rolled in to one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becky, and thanks so much for the plug! If you know anyone in a book group . . .

    word verifier: dines

    Becky dines on good books. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds great and to get author props on your blog, pretty neat. I sure hope you don't need a big repair, just keep thinking positive thoughts. I believe you are just being blessed and the money will help fill your reserve. Oh, I almost forgot. I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!