Saturday, November 8, 2008

Birthday Wish List

Sorry for no post yesterday... I was exhausted from moderating focus groups the night before and not being able to get to sleep until extra late (1 am, and I am so NOT a night person) and then I had tons of work to get done. To be truthful, I was in bed by 7 p.m. last night--reading--but in bed. It felt sooooo good.

Anyway, Monday is my birthday.

At this point in my life birthdays are almost passe. Maybe that's because of the lack of excitement. Only my mom and dad are great at helping me celebrate. My DH, not so much. Once he gave me three rolls of refrigerator cookie dough for my birthday. Still in the grocery sack. Yep. {Go ahead and laugh... it has been long enough now I can do so too.} That's about what to expect.

Actually, he has gotten a little better in the past few years. Last year I told him exactly what to buy and he bought it. A new food processor. And I have really enjoyed using it this past year. So, although he does not typically read my blog {in fact I don't think he has ever even looked at it}, I will put up a wish list to help him and refer him here.

SO here goes:

1. New cross-training workout shoes (size 8)
2. An Emilie Loring book for my collection
3. Earrings (nickel free)
4. Baskets for my bike (and removal of the baby seat for said baskets)
5. A night out to dinner and the movies

Okay, that is probably enough. I will let you know what he chooses.

Scripture of the Day: Joshua 1:8

4 comments:

  1. Happy Early Birthday! Hope you have a super one! ♥ Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great one! If it makes you feel better when I was younger Uncle Steven bought me pool noodles after remembering it was my birthday. He left grandmas house and went and got them, the funny thing is we didn't even have a pool! At least he tries, and I am sure as your kids get older they will be a better help, just hint to the kids, that is what my mom did, it actually worked too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better about your lack of sleep, my sis Nancy said you're an awesome moderator, that she had a great time and would love to have you call her whenever she fits your profile.

    As for the Birthdays, you really do have to train the men! I hope your birthday is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY birthday! What anniversary of 29 is it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!