Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Could have, Should have, Would have

So far today I:

- Walked 2.5 miles from 5:10 to 6:00 am
- Took 2 kids to 7:00 am teeth cleaning appointments
- Went on a 3-hour long kindergarten field trip
- Cleaned for an hour
- Went to store to buy a gift
- Picked up kids from school
- Made cookies for Activity Days meeting

What I wish I had done: put dinner in the crockpot! The thought of making dinner is not good. But here is a good recipe for the next time I have a day like this.

Supper-in-a-Dish

1 lb. cooked ground meat (I use turkey)
1.5 cups sliced raw potatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 t. each salt and pepper
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken or mushroom soup combined with 1/4 cup fat free milk
sharp cheddar cheese for topping

Layer everything as ordered above in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Makes 8 servings, 246 calories each (with ground beef), 9 grams fat, and 3 grams fiber. (Recipe from Fix It and Forget It Diabetic Cookbook.)

Scripture of the Day: 1 Cor. 15:21-23

6 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes. I just made pot roast for the first time on Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so yummy! I will have to try it soon. Good job on everything else you have done today though!

    One additional comment about Miss California . . . the scripture mastery scripture we are learning this week is from 2 Timothy 3:1-5. I read Perez Hilton has been on a campaign to make Miss California look bad. We all thought it fit so well to our scripture that says, "fierce despisers of those that are good." Signs of the times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I'm filing this away for the next time I have one of those days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALWAYS do that...wishing I would have put on a crockpot dinner!

    The Wii Fit yoga part is awesome and not so go at the same time. I really like all the poses but they don't do it long enough and it's all about your balance...which I think yoga should be about stretching and thinking. But other than that...it's totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so totally going to try this recipe. I am always looking for a good crock pot recipes. Makes cooking so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a dentist that takes 7 AM appointments?? That is so cool. Get the kids before they're fully awake and know what's going on! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!