Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chicken Salad Recipe


I have to admit that I love chicken salad sandwiches! I have been staying away from them until fairly recently when I found a yummy, healthy version on Hungry Girl. So here is the recipe (with a few suggested adaptations) for you to enjoy:

1 Cup diced chicken breast (sometimes I use canned, but the best is lemon grilled chicken breast)
1/3 c. apple (diced)
1/3 c. red seedless grapes (I prefer them quartered)
1/3 c. diced cucumber (diced celery works just as great)
1/4 c. plain fat free yogurt (Greek style is best)
2 T. fat free mayo (I am a Miracle Whip kinda gal)
1 packet sweetener (i.e. Splenda)
lemon pepper to taste

Just mix it all together and enjoy--it makes about 4 generous sandwiches. I prefer to eat it on the Western Bagel Alternative bagel (the 1 point bagel for all you fellow Weight Watchers followers)--although that croissant in the picture I found looks pretty yummy too.

Scripture of the Day: D&C 107:4

PS: Don't forget to register for the contest (see post below) to win Adventures with the Word of God on CD--you have until Friday morning!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! Marc saw that and got really excited! Chicken salad is one of his favorites! Have you ever put dried cranberries in yours? That is what we usually do, but I think we are putting this one on the shopping list for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dried cranberries would be a yummy thing to throw in too! Next time I make it I will substitute cranberries for the grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh....yummy! We also do Craisins in ours when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to chop the grapes. Delish either way!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!