Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm A Winner! & a Contest


Today I won a FREE book for having left a comment on this blog site! It is a copy of an LDS fiction book called Freshman for President by Allyson B. Condie. Here is a review of it and a plot summary:

"Its timeliness in an election year will make it a great choice for teachers looking for ways to excite their students about the American electoral process."
--Forward Magazine

Fifteen- year- old Milo J. Wright and his best friend, Eden, are crazy to even consider participating in the election for President of the United States of America, aren't they? Never mind that Milo is twenty years too young. Never mind the fact that he'll have to balance the election with school, his lawn- mowing job, soccer practice, and trying to understand girls. There are times in life when you just have to go for something, no matter how impossible. Readers will discover that everyone, no matter what age, has something valuable to say.

It looks great and I can't wait to read it!

Being a winner and all has put me in such a great mood that I have decided to hold a contest of my own! Those who leave a comment to this blog entry will be eligible to win a free CD copy of my book Adventures with the Word of God. I will randomly pick a winner on Friday, August 8 and will post the winner's name on my blog. Then they can e-mail me an address as to where they want me to send the CD. Good luck!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning!
    :) Now I hope I'm that lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so much fun to win something?
    I found your blog recently and have been blog stalking you. I love your reverent theme for the month and think I will probably use it real soon. We are working on obedience right now but once we get through that I think I want to move on to reverence.
    I am really interested in your book and hope I win this CD! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just so excited for you that you are getting your book out there. You are a true inspiration to me. I keep passing the word on about your book. Hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a copy of your CD! Congratulations on winning the contest. I'm usually not that lucky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Becky! Let me know if you like the book and if it would be appropriate for my boys to read. They both read a book called "The Kid who Became President" and liked it, but it would be interesting for them to read one with an LDS character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for you!! Let us know what you think about the book you won! And I would love to win your book, please enter me! And good luck to everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PUHHHLEASE PICK me. No seriously, I am begging. See me sitting on the floor amongst broken crayons, and legos? I am begging,no pleading for the CD.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!