Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is it a blog? Is it a Journal? Is it both?


At the beginning of the year I set a resolution to write in my journal at least once a week. I guess I should tell you first, that I dislike writing in my journal. A LOT! So after I started this blog last March I decided that I would count this as my journaling as far as the goal was considered. Is that cheating? I personally don't think so because I do include a lot of information that is happening in my personal life here on my blog. But then I have to admit I have not written in my personal journal even once since I started blogging. So what is your opinion on the matter? Leave a comment or simply vote in the poll question in my sidebar (below the picture of my book). I am anxiously awaiting your feedback!

Scripture of the Day: Article of Faith 12

7 comments:

  1. I voted for "partly", but isn't doing something better than nothing? I was doing nothing before so I feel like blogging is a huge improvement. Plus your blog is so wonderful...just keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't written in a real journal since I caught my sister reading mine when I was 13. (she wasn't even embarrassed, and kept on reading until I grabbed it out of her hand!) since then I figured that you shouldn't write anything you don't want anyone else to read - so I purposefully write just for those people that want to read what I have to say. They say it's a good way to make a living... :^>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been good at journaling or scrapbooking thus I blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly one of the reasons why I like blogging because it makes you journal fun things in your life. However, I do still write in my own journal because I feel that some experiences might be too personal to write about online. In the end though I think the one that is most fun to read is definately the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It totally counts!
    You're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I hate writing in my journal and don't think I've done it once since I got home from my mission (and really didn't do a great job of it then.) I have to count my blog or there will be no record of me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm. I tried doing both and then lost it on the journal. Has anyone printed there blog into one of those cool books? That would be really neat.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!