Saturday, August 23, 2008

Year of Miracles #18

I wrote earlier this week that our miracle was in regard to Steve's oral surgery for an implant. He came home from the surgery bleeding a lot. The gauze was soaking it up, but after more than five hours of fairly steady bleeding I began to worry. Before I left to take the kids to my parent's house for the evening I called a former home teacher of ours who is a dentist. He did not answer his cell phone, so I left a message on the voice mail explaining the situation and then asking him to call or check on Steve later since I would be gone. When I returned more than three hours later, Steve was sitting at the computer playing a game and the bleeding had pretty much stopped. He told me that our former home teacher had stopped by and brought him some decaffeinated Lipton tea bags to use as a compress. Shortly after beginning use of the tea bags the bleeding slowed and then stopped. Maybe to our former home teacher this wouldn't qualify as a miracle--to him it might be more mundane. A daily occurrence. The simple application of knowledge. But to us his service was a miracle for which we a truly thankful.

Scripture of the Day: 1 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!